The government provides additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – is allocated to primary schools.
At Cononley Primary School, we use the 5 key indicators below to monitor the impact of how we spend our Sports Premium Funding:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.
The Sports Premium Reports detailing how the funding has been spent, are included on this page.