Cononley Primary School welcomes and supports Children and Young People (CYP) with medical and health conditions. We aim to include all CYP with medical conditions in all school activities, including off site visits, differentiated as appropriate. We recognise that some medical conditions may be defined as disabilities and consequently come under the Equality Act 2010.
This policy aims to ensure that:
- Pupils, staff and parents understand how our school will support pupils with medical conditions;
- Pupils with medical conditions are properly supported so that they can:
- Play a full and active role in school and remain healthy
- Achieve their academic potential
- access the same opportunities as other pupils including school trips and sporting activities
- Parents and pupils have confidence in the school’s ability to provide effective support for medical conditions in school